Sunday, September 28, 2008

Art School - Update

So yes. I hardly update but that's cause I've been super busy with my first term at Art Center.

I'm pretty good now at waking up for 8am classes and showing up on time, with the exception of last Friday because some fucking ad major couldn't finish up our simple ass group project. Whatever, my 5 of 7 comps (vs his 1 of 15) all got approved so it's all gravey.

But like my teacher Chessley Nassaney was asking me if someone was dying (after I told him my reason for being late was 'it's been a rough week') "I felt like I was dying."

I really do. Not to feel emo or whatever the fuck but the lack of sleep and the constant all nighters and just me trying to catch up with the program has got my clock and my psoriasis out of wack.

With that said I still don't give a fuck. Dying to live is how I see it. I've never been to a place or an institution that inspires me as much as this place does. I'm getting close to finally being 100% caught up this week... it's gonna be a long day and I have a grueling 11 hour day tomorrow, but I honestly wouldn't want to be anywhere else. The people here make me want to push harder. I'm on campus on average of 10 hours a day.

I'm 25 years of age and going for a SECOND bachelors. Some would say that I'm a fucking moron, but being here has been my dream for the past 4 years. So while you're toiling away in an office working some meaningless job saving up for your new home, car, girlfriend, vacation, etc... I'm chasing my fantasy to accumulate even more debt and to live an even more tormented lifestyle lacking in all things financially secure.

In the words of Roland Young - "being a designer is hell."

Take me to the firey gates, I'm ready to burn.

1 comment:

Jonny.Treeson said...

FUCK YAH!! Right on...

Except I'm actually "toiling, no correction, slacking away in an office working some meaningless design job" and not saving for anything cause I spend it all on crack cocaine, hookers, and anal plugs. Haha.

Cause you could feel like me - dying, lost, and needing to find an exit. Anything, anyway, anywhere....

I'm proud of you brother, stay up.