Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Art School - Update




Soo.. it's finals time and shit is getting hectic.

4 books to do, and a few posters for final projects... fuck fuck fuck

Alteast I finished my Com Design final for next Monday.

I was very shocked my teacher liked it. His name is Sean Adams and is currently the President of the AIGA (a professional graphic designer association/cult thing), so he's kind of a big deal.

The assignment was to make a poster for the 2009 conference in Memphis based around either offensive imagery or eye candy, and I made my choice. I've gotten some requests for prints of this... I just did my initial sketches as a joke - or mainly to see how far I could push Sean over the edge with my concepts and according to his surprisingly and supportive positive feedback on my comps here is the final (above).

It was pretty hilarious because I got this printed at school. Just seeing the looks on the faces of people at the lab, I think I nailed it. Not to mention the looks of all the females in my class.

Sometimes, you just gotta lube up and go in. Enjoy.

2 comments:

Jonny.Treeson said...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hhahaha.......

NAILED IT HOMIE.

Take it another step further and you would of been labeled a sicko. I know you thinking it... (call me a sicko but somehow the poster is still tasteful in its own light)

BTW. Where the fuck was my disclaimer? "WARNING: THIS BLOG CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT".... Think of the kids!!!(tho I do believe they have probably seen far worse already, internet destroys all purity. I love the internet.)

Jonny.Treeson said...

This has nothing to do with the post but I wanted you to peep this track from these 2 Toronto cats.

The song is called "Toronto"... haha

Ron D - Toronto (feat. Blake Carrington)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_SZjodWrtY