Sunday, November 02, 2008

Kanye West - "Robocop"



I think this song is rather terrible, but I love the name and idea behind it... and the Robocop samples!

Kanye you are a genius. The song will prolly grow on me. Check it here.

Anyway, like I was saying before, I understand a lot of people hate this guy and think that he has an attitude problem or whatever or that he's too cocky, but seriously... dude is just being real and saying what's on his mind. I think its pretty cool that he gets crazy on TMZ and the Video Awards, cause he isn't afraid of how people view him. If you deserved to win something and you truly feel that way, say i!. That strive for perfection and disregard for what people think is something I find admirable.

Also, I guess the main thing is that dude has crazy hits and is constantly reinventing himself. Yeah auto-tune is pretty much abused by everyone in hiphop, but for a rapper doing a whole album singing with it is a pretty big risk and should be interesting. The idea may be wack, but I still look forward to hearing the album and maybe finding a hidden gem.

Props to AnalogGiant for the info.

1 comment:

Jonny.Treeson said...

I once read somewhere that the heart is the new skull...