Thursday, July 31, 2008

TR2N, DEATHTRACK/DEATH RACE, and my childhood

Back in a time before windows there was something called dos... anyway. I was sent to computer camp as a kid and the only thing aside from the inside edge on living a more reclusive lifestyle in was a copy of this game by activision called "death track". Good ol 1989.

Anyway, the reason I am writing about this movie is that I saw a preview for a movie with a similar plot as the game. It's called Death Race and it stars jason Statham. I don't particularly care for the story itself, I'm just amazed they're making a movie out of such an old video game. They usually go with what's hot at the moment, not one that's almost 20 years old.

Speaking of 20 year olds, they're actually going to be doing another tron movie. always reminds me of the motorcycle part in the first movie.

It's like everthing i thought was cool during my childhood is being resold to me.

tr2n trailer here

1 comment:

Jonny.Treeson said...

Haha, its a vicious cycle.

BTW, this shit is gonna be dope, stupid but dope...

LOL, don't judge me.