Thursday, July 31, 2008

Upper Playground Stan Smiths

I fucking love Upper Playground. I've been a fan for years now, mainly because they've always supported my favorite artists and continue to rep SF pretty hard.

Unfortunately, most of their product (although sold at a very fair price) usually isn't that dope. They'll release like a collection of 100 tees, but only 3 dope designs. Too much Sam Flores shit... they're also starting to overkill on Jeremy Fish.

Anyway, once again they took a few of my favorite things and made a mediocre product outta it. I love the Stan Smith. I used to skate a pair of these in high school, and i think they're just really simple and clean looking. I have a friend who's dad only rocks these... his garage has like 20 pairs - all classic green and white.

David Choe x Upper Playground x Adidas Stan Smith
- it looks whatever... i mean, it woulda been cooler if there was some art on it.



Aesop Rock (weathermen) x Upper Playground x Adidas Stan Smith
- a very ordinary looking sneaker, but it's got the WEATHERMEN logo on it, so.... that almost makes me want to buy it. I'm not really a fan of Aesop Rock, but the Weathermen are my favorite indie rap crew (Cage, Aesop Rock, Yak Ballz, El-P, Camu Tao(RIP), Tame One).

1 comment:

Jonny.Treeson said...

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Dudes have so much potential...