Friday, July 25, 2008

The Game Name Drops Cobain.. seriously

Dude. I mean, just like anyone else who was ever a pissed off youth I was a big fan of Nirvana. I'm not really a big fan of the Game. He holds it down for the west coast - yes... but to be perfectly honest - in the realm of mainstream hip-hop there isn't much really going on out here right now. I like some of the name dropping cause it's nostalgic, but dude can't write a single song without it!!

I had to stop this song 40 seconds in because he name drops Cobain. In my room alone, I was like "SERIOUSLY?!?" I dunno, the man's name is still pretty sacred to me and it really offends me when people do covers or when rappers make references... the only thing they ever seem to say about Kurt is how he shot himself... there's just so much more.

I dunno. one line from a rap song got me going. Here it is if you want to take a listen.

The Game ft. Lil Wayne - My life
http://www.zshare.net/download/1590585221e0802c/

Time to listen to the whole track. I'm a sensitive listener. Hope Weezy comes thru

EDIT:
weezy just does the hook. meh. don't name drop unless it's a classic!

4 comments:

Jonny.Treeson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jonny.Treeson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jonny.Treeson said...

I can see how that could be annoying but what really got me was Weezy (and every other rapper out there) jumping on that funny voice shit. Everyone thinks they are T-Pain.

Pity, this track had potential...

Jonny.Treeson said...

FUNNY VOICE ASSHOLES!!!!!!