Thursday, February 19, 2009

Sneakers: Converse x Ozzy Osbourne



I love metal... although I don't really follow the genre so tightly anymore, but there was a time in my life, and I suppose it still exists to where I find comfort in the sound of crushing guitars, double bass pedal drumming, dark lyrics and primal screaming.

It's prolly as blasphemous as saying that I love hip-hop but I'm not a big 2pac or Tribe fan... but I'm not a huge Ozzy fan. Crazy Train was dope, but although not a hardcore fan I do enjoy quite a bit of the Sabbath stuff, esp this song.

Anyway, I was poking around on Hypebeast today looking for some inspiration on what the latest trends on t-shirts are for my Type 3 midterm, but I found these posted up. Pretty cool idea, making a pair of Jack Purcells look like a straight jacket. I hardly find anything on Hypebeast anymore that excites me, but I'd totally rock these! Same with these (Black Sabbath Collection released back in October). The black leather, or the black on black w/ purple trim is more my style, but anyway great job Converse!

Check them out here.

I'm normally not a big fan of Converse 'cause everyone wears them and they're pretty low, so I end up looking shorter when I rock mine, as opposed to the one and a half inch lift my Wally's give me. Now you know my secret.

Also, on a claim to authenticity: I got to see all the original members of Black Sabbath reunited for their 'final tour' at Ozzfest '99!

No comments: