Monday, February 23, 2009

Video: Colossal Media


Colossal Media featured on Japanese TV Show-"The Real" from Colossal Media on Vimeo.

This video reminded me of probrably the most inspirational day of my middle school career. In 7th grade, for some reason we had this dude come in to talk about his career and he did pretty much the exact same thing those dudes do in the video, but in Toronto. He was talking about how he started off really small, just doing it for fun - and then started to get crazy comissions from really big companies.

His presentation was great: he basically just showed us a few slides of his work and told us that school was completely useless and that we should just do whatever we find fun with our lives. To demonstrate in case our teachers didn't agree, he walked over to the window and turned on the alarm to his brand new Jaguar.

He noticed my sketchbook on my desk after the presentation and he told me that I should never stop trying to piss the world off. (rather childish, but in my book at the time there was a siloette of my middle finger I'd spent two weeks filling in w/ read and blue ball point pen)

No comments: