Friday, June 20, 2008

The RZA


"....a hippie is a nigga who smoke weed and play the guitar. S---, I smoke weed and play the guitar."

I found this article pretty hilarious.

No matter what anyone says or how wack the next 10 Wu Tang or Bob Digi albums may be, I still will forever love the RZA and hold him high as one of my heroes. I even wrote an essay about him for my application to Art Center.

You can download the pdf here.

He's going to be preforming tonight at the Henry Fonda. "Sssssoooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh!"

My favorite solo RZA track:
A Day to God Is 1,000 Years - RZA

Download Digi Snax here.

2 comments:

Jonny.Treeson said...

Still remember the first time we saw the video for "Triumph", we were 14-15. EPIC.

I did a complete 360, from believing there was nothing in hiphop to becoming a true believer. Haven't looked back since...

Hiphop was GOOD back then, its still good, but not GOOD like before.

Thanks RZA!

Jonny.Treeson said...

I wanna thank the Beastie Boys too! haha