Monday, June 23, 2008

The Wackness



Speaking of throwbacks... I really want to see this. It's showing at the LA Film Fest, but I'm not sure I wanna drop $12 and spend an hour waiting in the standby line to see it. Although I like the premise of it: a teenage love story that takes in NYC circa 1994. The soundtrack is ill too cause '94 was my favorite period of music (even tho I was in the 5th grade, I'm constantly listening and discovering more classic albums from this era). Hip-Hop and rock were at their all-time high's: Golden Age and Grunge/Alternative at their peaks.

They even got one of my all time favorites on here: Raekwon - "Heaven & Hell" (ft. Ghostface Killah)



On a sidenote, I went to go watch The Hulk today. Not bad, since I was expecting nothing - but anyway I was getting a soda and I overheard a convesation that made me feel really old:

Asian Female Movie Theater Employee: Your name reminds me of Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. Have you seen it? It's the one where they time travel. It's got Keanu Reeves and it was made in the 80's?

Mexican Male Employee: "The 80's? I wasn't even born then!"

2 comments:

Jonny.Treeson said...

I got mad love for you shorty, I wanna listen to boys to men when I'm with you...LOL

fucking awesome

tokimonsta said...

the soundtrack is super fly.